A GARAGE fire is believed to have been started by gas cylinders.

Two fire engines were sent to Redwing Street shortly after 4pm yesterday to reports of a domestic garage fire.

Crews discovered that two gas cylinders were involved in the fire inside the garage.

A water supply was set up and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

READ > Parents thank teachers at Over Hall Community School for lockdown support

Crews isolated the electricity supply to the garage and a used a hose reel jet to cool down the gas cylinders and damp down the area affected by the fire.

A thermal imaging camera enabled them to monitor temperatures.

Firefighters left the scene once they were satisfied that the garage was safe and the fire had not spread beyond it.

Crews were at the scene for less than an hour.