FOUR people suffered from smoke inhalation in a suspected chip pan fire in Winsford.

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in a first floor flat on Saxon Crossway at around midnight last night.

Crews, wearing two breathing apparatus, used one hose reel and a covering jet to extinguish the flames.

Firefighters administered oxygen therapy to one casualty suffering from smoke inhalation. Three other people also received treatment from paramedics for smoke inhalation but weren't taken to hospital.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a chip pan.

Crews were at the scene for more than an hour.