SHOPPERS were evacuated from Winsford Cross Shopping Centre following an electrical fire.

Firefighters were called to the centre on Dene Drive at 11.15am this morning.

Crews found that there had been a small fire involving an electrical light fitting.

The fire had been extinguished by staff using a C02 extinguisher.

The team isolated the electric and a small number of shoppers were evacuated as a precautionary measure.

Firefighters then removed the ceiling to check to see if the fire had spread.

Crews from Winsford and Northwich were at the scene for around 45 minutes.