OFFICERS were called to a fire involving some garden furniture at an address in Winsford on Tuesday, July 3.

Firefighters from Middlewich arrived at the scene in Rosemary Crescent at 10.30am to find that the fire was out.

Crews damped down the area and checked that fire had not spread.

The incident is thought to have been caused by sunlight shining through a paperweight which had then spread to the rear door.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service issued some safety advice online.

They said: "The sun's rays can be magnified by a lens or magnifying mirror, so it is dangerous to leave glass objects, like magnifying mirrors, too close to windows.

"Anything that can concentrate the sun's rays - like fish bowls or glasses of water - should be kept well away from windows to reduce the risk of a fire breaking out."