A MAN was taken to Leighton Hospital yesterday evening following a fire involving a boiler.

Firefighters from Winsford were called out to an address in Stocks Hill at around 7.10pm on Tuesday, May 15.

On arrival, they discovered the occupant had extinguished the ground floor fire using their own hose reel jet. Firefighters turned off the electricity supply to the boiler and used a dry powder extinguisher to make the area safe.

The man was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation before being taken to hospital.

Fire crews were in attendance for around an hour.