(SMALDEN LANE, SAWLEY, RIBBLE VALLEY BOROUGH)Notice ID: WAR2219816
LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
(SMALDEN LANE, SAWLEY, RIBBLE VALLEY BOROUGH)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF THROUGH TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Lancashire County Council have made an Order under Section 14(1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit traffic on the roads set out in this notice.
1. No perperson shall cause any motor vehicle to proceed over that length of Smalden Lane, Sawley from its junction with Sawley Bridge Lane for a distance of 220 metres in a northerly direction in the borough of Ribble Valley.
2. Nothing in this order shall apply to persons engaged in the carrying out of the works.
3. The prohibition will be operative from 0800 hours on Monday 18th October 2021 until 1800 hours on Saturday 23rd October 2021 or until completion of the works within this period.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic affected by the closure is via:-
Smalden Lane - Bolton By Bowland Road
- Main Street - Gisburn Road - Mill Lane
- A59 Main Street - A59 Clitheroe Road -A59 Gisburn Road - Sawley Road - Sawley Bridge Lane and vice versa.
The temporary prohibition is necessary to allow repair works to a carriageway sink hole to take place.
Authority given for this Order to be made:
Regulation and Enforcement Manager
Highways and Transport
0300 123 6780