Cheshire West and Chester Borough CouncilNotice ID: WAR2112258
Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 Notice 1
(Various Streets in the Borough of Cheshire West and Chester)
Temporary Prohibition of Traffic (No.1) Order 2021
Notice Is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 that the Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council intend to make/has made an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit/restrict traffic during surface treatment works from the 28th June 2021 for a maximum of 18 months with the expectation that the works are anticipated to finish in September 2021.
It is anticipated that all roads in the below schedule will be closed for a maximum of 7 days within the road closure notice period; the closure may be on consecutive days or on separate days depending upon site, weather conditions and works required.
Advance warning signs will be placed on site at least 7 days before the planned commencement of the works. Works will take place 7 days a week.
Schedule of affected roads:
1. A41 Chester Road, Ledsham and Manor. Section Closed: Wetherby Way to Smith Lane.
2. A41 Chester Road, Ledsham and Manor. Section Closed: Backford Cross Roundabount to Hope Farm Road.
3. A41 Chester Road, Ledsham and Manor. Section Closed: Manor Lane to Hope Farm Road.
4. A540 Chester High Road, Neston. Section Closed: Hinderton Arms to Wood Park Farm.
5. Chester Road, Malpas. Section Closed: High Street to Post Office Lane.
6. Common Lane, Kelsall. Section Closed: Green Lane to Willington Road.
Alternative Route for Through Traffic:
1. Diversion: Hope Farm Road, Overpool Road, Chester Road, Strawberry Roundabout, Strawberry Way West.
2. Diversion: Chester Road, Station Road, Rossmore Road West, Rossmore Road. Roundabout, Overpool Road, Sutton Way Roundabout, Hope Farm Road.
3. Diversion: Chester Road, Sutton Way, Sutton Way Roundabout, Overpool Road, Hope Farm Road.
4. Diversion: Chester High Road, Chester Road, Telegraph Road, Permissive Footpath From Telegraph Road To Footpath 56 And 57, Column Road, Grange Road, Access To West Kirby Rail Station Off Grange Road, Meols Drive, Market Street, Birkenhead Road, Hoylake Road, Pasture Road, Fender Lane, Bidston Bypass, Bidston Link Road, St James Road, Laird Street, Park Road North, Duke Street, Cleveland Street, Rendel Street, Tower Road, Canning Street, Hamilton Street, Chester Street, New Chester Road, Rock Ferry Bypass, New Ferry Bypass, Footpath Between Shorefields And Corona Road, A41 M53 J5 Roundabout, A41 From M53 J5 Roundabout To J A550 S, A41 From J A550 To M53 J5 Roundabout N, A550 From J A41 To J B5463, Welsh Road, Welsh Road Trunk, A550 From J B5463 To J A540 Including Dualling, Parkgate Road
5. Diversion: Chester Road, Rabout Malpas/bickerton, Whitchurch Road, No Mans Heath By Pass, A41 From Chester Road To Cheshire County Boundary, Old Malpas Road, Old Hall Street, High Street.
6. Diversion: Common Lane, Church Street, Willington Lane, Willington Road
Alternative routes will be provided for vehicles as per the signed diversion on site.
Information is also shown on the website 'One.Network' which informs of road closures and diversion routes.
Exemptions are provided in the order for any vehicle being used by police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes and also vehicles associated with the works and where possible for any vehicle which is being used for the conveyance of persons, goods or merchandise to or from any premises situated on or adjacent to the lengths of road affected.
Kieran Collins (Ref TRO 5728) Place Operations, Highways Office, Guilden Sutton Lane
Guilden Sutton, Chester, Cheshire CH3 7EX, Tel: 0300 123 7036 Email:
25th May 2021
Cheshire and Cheste